I have extensive experience of delivering a broad range of community, economic development and regeneration projects gained through working as a consultant and in a number of public, private and third sector posts.
I have strong leadership skills. I have experience of working for, managing and advising not for profit social businesses addressing the needs of a broad range of communities of interest.
I have extensive experience of working with grass roots organisations and working with diverse communities.
2005 – Now Partner – Vivid Regeneration LLP
2000 – 2005 Director, Deputy Director, Business Development Manager – Bristol East Side Traders (BEST)
1999 – 2000 Economic Development Officer, Bristol City Council
1997 – 1999 Consultant, Driving Forces
1990 – 1997 Key Account Manager, Operations Manager, Contract Manager – Exel Logistics
20012 – 2017 Governor, St Mary Redcliffe Primary School
2008 – Now Community mediator, Bristol Mediation
2004 – 2006 Trustee, Windmill Hill City Farm
2003 – 2004 Director, Aspire
2001- 2004 Trustee, Silai for Skills
2002 Common Purpose Graduate
2000 – 2001 MSc Local Economic Development, University of the West of England – modules as follows:
- Local Economic Development 1 & 2
- Project and programme appraisal
- Project and programme evaluation
- I have attended a range of other courses including; managing and supervising staff, fundraising, equalities and diversity, mental health awareness, conflict coaching, non-violent communication, neighbourhood planning, community engagement, IT, tendering and procurement, safeguarding and recruitment, financial management, training and facilitation, governance training. 3 A levels, 9 G.C.S.E.’s.
- 1991 – 1995 BA (Honours) Economics 2 (1) major in Local Economic Development, Portsmouth University
Skills, knowledge and Experience
- Experience of managing small businesses, social enterprises, not for profit organisations and charities
- Experience of training and supporting boards of trustees/directors including governance training, strategic planning and away days
- Experience of securing, managing, delivering and evaluating community and economic development projects, including European funded contracts
- Experience of writing and implementing business plans, strategic plans and operational plans
- Experience of managing and delivering publicly funded projects and trust and lottery funded initiatives
- Experience of fundraising for and implementing community building projects
- Experience of undertaking community research, community consultation and co-ordinating community and neighbourhood plans and partnerships
- Experience of implementing and using a range of communication and marketing tools including websites, newsletters, directories, twitter, flyers, posters, press releases and public meetings
- Skilled in setting up operational and financial systems for organisations, including performance monitoring systems, policies, budgets, cash flows, and funder returns
- Strong leadership skills and staff management experience
- Excellent track record of engaging the private sector in regeneration.